London House Building & Hot Spots
Wednesday, 15th Jun 2011
New research by London Residential Research has shown that the number of new homes built in London during 2010 reach a new low of 15,195 down 28% on the previous year. The forecast is that building completions will rise beyond 17,000 in 2011.
Sales rate during 2010 were subdued numbering 7,400 slightly below the previous year. However, Hackney in the Olympic area is identified in the report as a hot spot. The report adds 'Buyers need to return to the market but are being hindered by the lack of available finance which means developers will continue to hold back developments'.
In the Spotlight
- Housing Wealth in the UK £4.1 Trillion and increasing
- London House Building & Hot Spots
- International Quarter Stratford City
- More and more sign up at Westfields Olympic Shopping Mall
- Demand for the £500m Olympic Village High
- Prices and Rents Set to Rise in the Prime East of City Market. GRE portfolios take advantage by buying at below market values
- LONDON'S NEW BUSINESS DISTRICT