International Quarter Stratford City
Monday, 13th Jun 2011
The next stage in the extraordinary regeneration at the Olympic Park.
Global developer Lend Lease and landowner London & Continental Railways have been given the go-ahead for £1.3billion International Quarter Stratford City (IQSC) in East London.
Lend Lease chief executive Dan Labbad said 'the district will have unrivalled connectivity with the City, central London and Canary Wharf. And with the Olympic Park and a regional shopping centre on its doorstep, Stratford City is set to be an exciting new metropolitan centre'.
Work on the 22 acres scheme will start in 2013 following the Olympic Games. The first offices will be ready for occupation from the end of 2014. Jones Lang LaSalle and BNP Paribas Real Estate have been appointed as agents. Once fully developed the IQSC will be the UK's second largest office centre, behind Canary Wharf, E14.
The scheme will comprise 4 million square feet of top class commercial office space, retail. 350 new homes, new hotels and 1.2hectares of green areas. The IQSC will create 15,000 jobs.
This is fantastic news for GRE/GRC clients who have purchased at the Olympic Apartments as IQSC is just a few minutes walk away. It is also further evidence of the emergence of East London into one of the capitals prime property areas.
In the Spotlight
- Housing Wealth in the UK £4.1 Trillion and increasing
- London House Building & Hot Spots
- International Quarter Stratford City
- More and more sign up at Westfields Olympic Shopping Mall
- Demand for the £500m Olympic Village High
- Prices and Rents Set to Rise in the Prime East of City Market. GRE portfolios take advantage by buying at below market values
- LONDON'S NEW BUSINESS DISTRICT